Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A good day

Had a pretty good day today. Paid my mate Xelsior (a pseudonym, I repeat, to protect him) 20 M&M to do my exercises this afternoon. Meanwhile I surfed the web, found a few sites about fruit recipes. I have a weakness for fruit mousses, pear gratin, that kind of stuff. Let me tell you, they're not part of our daily meals. It's the raw diet here, they must think we're overweight. I also went on a few sites about Africa. They always give me a funny feeling in the stomach. Never been there myself. I remember watching wild life programs with my Mom. I was really little and hadn't been taken away from her yet. I would cuddle up on her lap, she'd scratch my head and all was good. We were watching one about Kenya and she suddenly jumped up. She was very excited.
- Look! Chimp-ion! That's your uncle Boodalaya, I could tell him apart from one million others, with those short arms and heavy built, we used to call him, "hey, human"! That's him, oh yes! And that might be my cousin Fomi, that short chap.
My Mom had lived in our homeland. I don't know how much she missed it. I think she didn't like being locked up so much, instead of roaming around. And she was used to be in a larger social group which is more fun, she said. But she liked that we were guaranteed a meal every day. Well, especially for me. And that no wild animal would catch me and run away with me in its teeth. My Mom loved me and took good care of me. I miss her. Don't even know where she is. They didn't feel they needed to tell me. OK, am getting all sentimental. Better stop here and log out. Bye. Oo-oo-aa-aa.

No comments:

Post a Comment