Monday, November 30, 2009

Sick and tired


I've been sick. It's been pretty miserable. And the photo above is NOT ME being sick and miserable, OK?! They took me away from my cellmates into a different room. I was alone most of the time, no computer, no TV, no magazines, just a few lame toys that even Jack wouldn't have fun playing with. Just lying there on my mat. No bed for us, oh no. I look up on the Internet these incredible beds with lacy sheets, big thick pillow, plump mattresses. I call Melba over, hey, come and check out what THEY sleep on. But back to my sick room.. I really wasn't feeling good. Every part of my body ached, my head hurt, my throat. Only treat: a kind of thick syrup they fed me in a funny plastic spoon with markings. The assistant forgot the bottle once near the mat. I drank almost the whole thing at one go, to make up for my miserable day. I left some, so it wouldn't be too obvious that I had swallowed the whole thing. When Blancatrix came for her turn to look after me, she looked at the level in the bottle and seemed a bit surprised. She looked at me, and I put on my most stupid look. Tried cute too, but I'm not as good as Melba at it. Anyway she left it at that. Finally after four days of solitary confinement, I was returned to my friends. They were very sweet, came and hugged me and scratched behind my ears. Even Jack was excited to see me. Apparently he's still really sad. Melba has taken him with her at night, he cuddles right up and cries himself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment