Friday, November 20, 2009

Little Jack our new baby chimp


Unbelievable. We got a new inmate this morning. The youngest of youngest chimpanzee we've ever seen in a lab. What will they bring next? A newborn? I'm calling him Jack (not his real name, and the pic above is NOT of Jack, OK?). He's really cute. And has no idea what's happening to him. He's asking where his Mom went and when he'll see her again. I'm like, Jack, forget about your Mom, OK? Melba here is as sweet as any Mom. Melba cuddles him and rocks him to sleep, but Little Jack's having a hard time. Poor thing. I remember when they took me away from my Mom. How tough and unbelievable it was. And I wasn't as young as Little Jack.
Oh, I also wanted to let you know that I have the computer thing so under control! The computer room is next to the one where we sleep. End of the afternoon, I slip a few pieces of straw (Stellar braids them for me) between the door and the frame, where the lock is. The afternoon screw (Stellar's word, remember?) pulls the door behind him. That's enough to lock the door. I force myself to wait until I hear the main door close in the distance, and, tala, I pull on the straws, gently, gently, and the door opens up. Yipee. The night and the Internet are mine. See you later, I'm working on my facebook. Did you befriend me, huh, did you? Oo-oo-aa-aa-oo-oo-aa-aa!

1 comment: