Thursday, December 31, 2009

A war cry

On Christmas day we got a surprise visit from the Blancatrix. She brought us some lovely really fresh fruit and some sorbet. About half a teaspoon per chimp, but better than nothing. Some more hand me down clothes for Melba (there's progress here). And a few dumb toys for all of us, as if all we can do is throw a doggie ball around. Still I was amazed. Could it be that she has feelings? Feelings for us? It'd never crossed my mind.

Another thing. Xelsior has been watching movies on hulu and the like, things like Rambo and Hulk. I suspect he thinks they're real. That they're real people doing real stuff. Cute. He came to me all excited and told me and Stellar.
- I got it. For Lil Jack. We gotta fight our way out of this place and find his mother. It's that simple. With a few hand grenades and automatic weapons, we can do it.
Stellar and I didn't even have to say anything, like, uh, where would we get the grenades and weapons? Still we looked at each other. We looked at Xelsior pretending to shoot through the walls. We looked at Melba trying on her new dress up clothes. At Lil Jack sucking his thumb in a corner with a forelorn look in his eyes.
- He's got a point, said Stellar.
I nodded. More later. OO-oo-aa-aa, oo-oo-aa-aa. A war cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment